The mage who tagged me
Update: First post of this had two pictures not show, and that’s probably what made it into the feed, so if you normally read via a feed reader, you missed a couple of pics. I had to manually edit a few things. /le sigh
Saxsy of I Like Pancakes has tagged me as part of some “666” meme that goes a little bit like this.
- Go into your image folder
- Open the sixth sub-folder and choose the sixth image.
- Publish the image! (and a few words wouldn’t hurt, though I dare say I couln’t stop a blogger from adding a few words of their own).
- Challenge six new bloggers.
- Link to them.
As many bloggers thus tagged have found out, the originator of this meme was unually well-organized, and the whole sub-folder thing often falls apart. Or maybe s/he had a Mac. Who knows? the upshot is, we often have to interpret a bit, and I’m no different.
For example, I keep my WoW screenshots folder fairly clean, rarely accumulating more than 20 or so screenshots that don’t get dealt with. Right now, the sixth image is this.
When I went to the End Time, I just had to get a screenie of Deathwing’s smoking corpse. Possibly one of the most iconic images of the whole expansion.
My “Blog headers” directory is full of the images that you see appear at the top of this blog. They are an accumulation of screenies and art that I have come across over the years. The sixth image from that directory is this.
But I do have a folder where all the blogging stuff goes, and it has many subfolders, so let’s have a gander.
Ah, yes, Fanny Thundermar. This folder is where I collect “incidentals”, images that I use to illustrate whatever point it is I’m illustrating. It’s a real swamp in there, so I’m glad it was something as good as this fiery young lady, slayer of ogres using nothing but an iron skillet (hey, it worked for Sam!), and originator of the phrase, “arse like an anvil”.
And finally, for giggles, here is the image for the “My Pictures” directory.
Obviously from a Dwarf Humor website.
Oh, so now I have to challenge and link some new ones. Here are my choices.
- Ratshag (no, not THAT folder!)
- The Artist Formerly Known As Alas
- Courtney Doodles – seriously, an artist might have a few interewsting images here and there 🙂
- Nymphy and Orv (Gimli says that only counts as one!)
- Liala (allegedly still with us!)
- Imraith dos Santos (because I love saying that name almost as much as I love saying “guava!” Say it with me. GUAVA! GWWWAVA!)